Jira Tempo expand viewed tasks with filter

Blaz Hostnik August 18, 2013

Hey, until recently I used a very practicle feature in tempo plugin. In the "View" menu, next to Assigned, Watched itd there was also option to select a filter. The result was to see in timesheet all the tasks that either (disjunction):

* had some time entered in selected period OR

* were selected by filter (I set it to my open tasks + some custom chosen tasks).

This was wonderfull when it came to writing time! I just opened Tempo tab and entered the hours in apropriate cells in timesheet. Since Tempo also remembered last chosen view, this was a two step process.

BUT - recently my company upgraded Jira (to Jira v5.2.4, Tempo Plugin version 7.6.3) and this feature is LOST! Practically - filter feature was removed from View menu/button and a standalone search dropdown was introduced. The downside of this is that filter is now working as CONJUNCTION. Meaning: to see a task in a timesheet it had to have some time entered AND selected in filter. Which logically if what filter should do.

But I'd really like my feature back :) Since I can't see my "In progress" and custom tasks in timesheet it loses any value for entering time. Is there any other way to get the same result? See tasks with time entered in selected period OR matching filter?

I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Hi Blaz,

we are currently working on a change in the Filter picker which will be released in the Tempo 7.7 version at the end of this month. In this new picker you can combine different filters and your choice is "sticky" (when opening the timesheet, Tempo remembers last chosen view).

We are looking forward to get feedback for this new picker.

Regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

Blaz Hostnik August 19, 2013

Susanne, thank you! I'm looking forward to this new release.

Blaz Hostnik August 25, 2013

Bdw - do you think there is any way to achieve similar behavior with current version? Even after new update is released, I'm not sure when my company will update to it :-/

Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

Hi Blaz, there are some workarounds using JQL functions mentioned in this issue: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-2

Blaz Hostnik August 25, 2013

Vioar, unfortunatelly those JQL functions "issueFunction in workLogged("by username after -4w")" or "workStartedOn(date,User)" does not work... I guess we don't have the necessary plugins installed.

But it is nice to see that I am not the onlyone with this problem and that it is actively worked on :)

Blaz Hostnik September 11, 2013

Susanne, our IT has updated to Tempo 7.7.1 and selecting "User Timesheet" + my own filter does the trick!! It is wonderful. Thank you for the help.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2013

This is not possible in the current version. You can create a filter and use it in the Tempo -> Timesheets -> Advanced view, but is does not allow you to add custom chosen tasks on top of the filter

Suggest an answer