Jira Teams vs. Projects?

Deleted user June 25, 2013

I've been tasked with migrating our Bugzilla bug database to a Project in Jira. Unfortunately, the hierarchy in Jira is different from that of BZ and I'm feeling a bit lost.

Our Jira system has been assigned a Project for each team. My support team needs to be able to have different products within the same project, but I'm not seeing a way to do this. Can you make a recommendation on how to get around this, even if it means getting an add-on for Jira?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013
My service desk team uses the components field for this. You could add an entry in the component field for each product to allow your team to specify the product but stay in one JIRA project. This also allows you to auto assign issues to the component leader, if that works with your process.
0 votes
Deleted user June 25, 2013

Thanks, Randall. After discussing it with a few of my colleagues, it looks like the components field will do the trick.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Glad to hear it. Happy JIRA-ing.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

i'd like to help, but i don't want to assume i know your terminology. i know what a JIRA project is so we're set there, but how are you defining "product" in your question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events