Jira Task Turnaround Times

Rebecca Girdlestone May 10, 2022

Hello, how can I build a report on open and end dates for all tasks. Ideally I would like to see this by Project as well as overall. I would also like to view averages. Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2022

Hello @Rebecca Girdlestone 

If you haven't found an automation or JQL solution, I can recommend you to try Time in Status for Jira Cloud.

With it's Time in Status report, the add-on displays issues, assignees, and the dates when the status has been created and resolved. You just need to filter issues by the Project you need:

tisbyproject.png

It supports an Average time report too, so you can discover the Average time in status easily.

average9.png

You can export data as CSV and XLSX files for further analysis, what is very convenient.

It's developed by my team and is free for using up to 10 users. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps.

1 vote
Answer accepted
padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

The quick and dirty solution would be a JQL filter with the appropriate columns displayed.

Depending on the specific definitions of "open and end dates", the "Created" and "Resolved" columns may give you exactly what you need.

------

If you want prettier reports, you could create a kanban board with a filter that returns issues from all projects you want to report on.  That would let you use the built-in reports on the board to pull the information.

Suggest an answer