Jira Suite Utilities "Required Fields" validator throwing required error for "Original Estimate" field when a value has been provided

Daniel Kinon November 8, 2013

I'm running Jira v5.3.7#850 and Suite Utilities v1.3.5 plugin. I'm using the "Required Fields" validator to make certain fields required for a particular screen (like most everyone else). I've used this validator in my trainsitions several times with no issues however when I use it on the "Original Estimate" field that comes as part of Time Tracking in Jira Agile, the validator fails even though a value has been provided. Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can resolve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013
Daniel Kinon November 10, 2013

Thank you for the very complete answer, it's unfortunate that there are no plans to address this issues seemingly anywhere. I wouldn't have this issue in the first place if Jira supported required fields on a per screen basis... the only work around I can see for this is to make create a custom field that is only on the ticket creation screen, make that required (using JSU worflow validator) and then using a post function to copy those values into the Orginial Estimate field. If anyone has a better idea/approach, I'm all ears.

Suggest an answer