Jira Subversion

Liam Donaldson March 11, 2013

I believe that there is a feature in that links Jira issue with the Subversion check-in comments.

I do not see any information about this in any Atlassian Documentation. Can anyone point me to the information. What format does have to be in? Can Fisheye interpret it too?

2 answers

1 vote
AnneTheAgile March 12, 2013

Beware the plugin has a long-standing error wherein if the SVN comment is edited with a new ticket ID, that is not reflected in Jira ever without massive admin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

Very true - it works on a simple scrape of "commits done since". Editing comments are not commits, so it doesn't re-index them

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

I think you're thinking of the "subversion plugin" for Jira - this lets you associate Jira projects with subversion repositories. When that's done, it simply indexes the repositoty, looking for text in the comments that match Jira issue keys - when found, it displays them in a tab on the issue in Jira. (There's a project tab too, for a summary of all the commits)

You don't need any formatting really, it is just "read subversion and display information matching on issue key". It really is plain text - if you commit "Mr Flibble told me to commit this because it breaks JIRA-123", you'll see that displayed on Jira-123...

Have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion

Fisheye is separate, it has it's own communication with Subversion, and another path into Jira for sharing it all.

Suggest an answer