Jira Subversion Plugin installation error.

Mohammed Rashid March 31, 2013

Getting the below error when i install JIRA Subversion plugin in JIRA 5.2.7

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.11.1-distribution .zip. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

~Rash

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Rash,

The subversion plugin is a version 1 plugin, and therefore, it should be installed by placing the jar files (the jar files that are extracted from the downloaded zip), and place it on the JIRA's WEB-INF/lib directory. You would also need to add the subversion-jira-plugin.properties file into JIRA's WEB-INF/classes. Make sure that you have restarted your JIRA instance once you have added the mentioned files.

You can also extract the subversion plugin zip file and locate the README file for the installation steps. You may also find the steps from this link (Look under Install Instruction): https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2013

Hi Rash,

May I know how exactly you tried to install the plugin? Did you try it by searching for an add-on and then installing it directly from UPM, or did you upload the file into UPM?

Cheers,

Joe

Mohammed Rashid April 1, 2013

Joe,

I downloaded the zip file from marketplace and uplaoded in UPM.

When i directly try installing by searching from UPM, its shows that it cannot be done.

~Rash

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

You have to go through the steps given in the documentation above, not by UPM.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2013

You might install via UPM. Please follow installation instruction given in below documentation

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin#versions

Mohammed Rashid March 31, 2013

I was trying with UPM itself.

Suggest an answer