Jira Subversion Plugin installation error.

Getting the below error when i install JIRA Subversion plugin in JIRA 5.2.7

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at atlassian-jira-subversion-plugin-0.10.11.1-distribution .zip. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

~Rash

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Rash,

The subversion plugin is a version 1 plugin, and therefore, it should be installed by placing the jar files (the jar files that are extracted from the downloaded zip), and place it on the JIRA's WEB-INF/lib directory. You would also need to add the subversion-jira-plugin.properties file into JIRA's WEB-INF/classes. Make sure that you have restarted your JIRA instance once you have added the mentioned files.

You can also extract the subversion plugin zip file and locate the README file for the installation steps. You may also find the steps from this link (Look under Install Instruction): https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin

Hope this helps.

You might install via UPM. Please follow installation instruction given in below documentation

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin#versions

I was trying with UPM itself.

0 vote
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2013

Hi Rash,

May I know how exactly you tried to install the plugin? Did you try it by searching for an add-on and then installing it directly from UPM, or did you upload the file into UPM?

Cheers,

Joe

Joe,

I downloaded the zip file from marketplace and uplaoded in UPM.

When i directly try installing by searching from UPM, its shows that it cannot be done.

~Rash

You have to go through the steps given in the documentation above, not by UPM.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

581 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you