Jira - Subscribe User Group to a Filter

Mike Story January 23, 2019

In Jira, is it possible to Subscribe a User Group to a Filter?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Yes. You can do this. You need to have Manage Group Filter Subscriptions permission.

Under Global Permissions , you have this permission. You can apply this permission to any group. All those group members can subscribe user group to filter.

Under filter subscription, you will get option to choose recipients. It will list all the groups.

fs.PNG

kenfradd December 12, 2019

What if my group isn't showing up in the recipients list? How do I get it in there?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

It will list all the groups, in which you are  a member . It is not list means may be you are not a member of that group.

kenfradd December 12, 2019

That's it! Thanks so much.

Arun Makhija July 9, 2021

I am admin of a JIRA project and have groups defined but they are not showing up in the Recipients  box. Any ideas on how it will show ?>

1 vote
Abin Jacob October 27, 2020

How can we unsubscribe a user group to a particular shared filter?

Also, I need to know how can we list out the user groups which all are currently subscribed to a particular filter.

Suggest an answer