Jira - Story due date reminders for Sprint closing

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hello Community,

I wanted to know if it was possible to send due date reminders or screen notification to a specific group in Jira when a Sprint is nearing the completion date and Stories inside the Sprint arent completed yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Roberto, I'm not sure if there's a way to send out reminders that tag off the sprint dates but if you are using the due date field in the issues themselves (bulk update for all sprint issues)  you could write a JQL query for issues due in x number of days and then subscribe the team to them.  This way they would get a reminder email.

-pd

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Hi @Peter DeWitt,

Would you be able to show me how such a JQL would look like?

-Roberto

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2018
project = <project key> AND duedate >= <date of one day before sprint end> AND issuetype = Story AND status != "Done"

This will show all overdue stories that are not "Done".

Suggest an answer