Jira + Stash authentication issue

I have application links set up between Jira and Stash, plus 2LO authentication enabled both ways.

From a Jira task I can successfully create a Stash/Git branch in a project, which then shows up in the issue Development panel. However, when I click on the '1 branch' link a dialog appears: 'Authenticate to see related branches. Please login to approve this application: Stash'.

Clicking on the link in the dialog leads to a page on Stash: 'The application JIRA would like to have read and write access...'. Clicking the 'Allow' button appears to work, confirmed by reviewing 'Authorized Applications', which shows that Jira has read and write access.

However, returning to the issue and clicking on '1 branch' again still prompts 'Authenticate to see related branches...' and Jira doesn't seem to recognise the previous authentication.

Also, and I'm guessing this is related, under the 'Activity' > 'Source' tab in the issue, the following message is displayed: 'This list may be incomplete, as errors occurred whilst retrieving source from linked applications: Request to [Stash URL] failed: Stash returned an error: 401 Unauthorized'

Additional info: Stash v3.0.5, Jira v6.2.7 running on Windows using Active Directory user management.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

Thanks for the link to the plugin but we have now diagnosed the cause of the problem. It seems that there was also 'trusted' authentication between the severs that needed to be set up, in addition to the 2LO authentication we had already enabled.

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 26, 2014

What's iin the logs?

Hi Nell, we very recently released the Application link diagnose plugin, you may install it and execute the tests to help you identify what may be causing this issue.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,889 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot