Jira Startup failed

Ashi Gupta November 2, 2012

I am using linux opensuse12.1 kernel version 3.1.0 and installed jira version 5.1.8 on it. I am running linux server and firstly able to use successfully jira. But when i restarted my server i gor issue with jira mentioned below:

/***********************************************************************************/

JIRA Startup Failed

You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons

Description

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)

Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)

Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)

Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)

Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)

/****************************************************************************************/

Need Help to resolve this as soon as possible.

1 answer

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2012

Hi Ashi,

There might be multiple causes of this failed plugin initialization, in order to narrow down the root cause of the issue you would need to review JIRA logs which is located in <JIRA_HOME_Dir>/logs/atlassian-jira.log.

You could also try the following troubleshooting steps and see how it goes:

1. Shutdown JIRA
  2. Remove the following files:
    $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled_plugins
    $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi_plugins

These are temporary files and folders and will be recreated when JIRA starts.

3. Ensure that your JVM_MINIMUM and MAXIMUM is at least 1024
  4. Re-start JIRA

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer