Jira Startup failed

Jamie Turnbull July 9, 2013

I have just installed Jira for the first time and getting the following error

JIRA Startup Failed

com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM dbo.propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (Invalid object name 'dbo.propertyentry'.)
I have modified it to use a MS SQL server rather than a MySQL server - it's almost like it needs to have the schema first before you can run the setup.
I have also tried a good old fashioned re-install as well and still getting the same error.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jamie Turnbull July 9, 2013

I found out what the issue was - permissions on the database.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Whoops, you were faster than me giving an answer! Nice catch, mate! :D

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

I reckon there may be something amiss in your $JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml file. Can you cross check your settings with either of the documents below; which are integrating a JIRA instance with:

Suggest an answer