Jira Software trial problem

Omer Hertz December 27, 2015

Hi,

I had a 6.4.2 JIRA server installed on a cloud ubuntu machine.

I wanted to tr y JIRA software for my agile work.

So I downloaded the correct bin atlassian-jira-software-7.0.5-jira-7.0.5-x64.bin for trial usage, backup my jira, and installed the new bin.

It asked me to enter a key or to continue in evaluation mode. I chose the evaluation mode. It asked me to restart my server. I did.

Now I get a JIRA access problem. When I check the log, I see the below message.

Can I use the JIRA software tool using the 30 days trial? If not, how can I test it?

Can I roleback to the previous JIRA installation?

2015-12-27 20:42:19,448 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA.

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.core.AtlassianCoreException: Error messages:

Errors:

Import error:

UPGRADE_EXCEPTION - The following licenses are too old to install this version of JIRA (7.0.5): JIRA Software. The licenses for this instance only grant access to versions of JIRA created before 03 Sep 2015 14:00.

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.importAndContinue(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:139)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.start(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:57)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$postDbLaunch$473(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:136)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$$Lambda$14/1870958494.run(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:298)

at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:194)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:120)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$471(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:89)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$$Lambda$1/2007010300.run(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:87)

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:79)

... 5 filtered

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: com.atlassian.core.AtlassianCoreException: Error messages:

Errors:

Import error:

UPGRADE_EXCEPTION - The following licenses are too old to install this version of JIRA (7.0.5): JIRA Software. The licenses for this instance only grant access to versions of JIRA created before 03 Sep 2015 14:00.

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.importAndContinue(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:138)

3 answers

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2015

I had a similar problem. When it asks for license, there will be an option called remove old licenses, do that and restart as prompted and then update new evaluation license.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Hilli Balzer - PractiProject December 27, 2015

Hi Omer,

Let me know if you need help rolling back to your previous version and upgrade it

Hilli

Omer Hertz December 27, 2015

Hi Hilli, I'll appreciate any help that I can get. My email is omer@wilu.me

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2015

>It asked me to enter a key or to continue in evaluation mode. I chose the evaluation mode. It asked me to restart my server. I did.

When you do this, it should have asked you to connect to your Atlassian account to create new licences.  It sounds like you already had an account, with licences that are too old.

Go to your Atlassian account at my.atlassian.com and look for the licences you have.  If you can't log into it, create a new one, then go for evaluation licences and apply those.

Suggest an answer