Jira Software: submitting future timesheet in My Work

Satu Ryhanen July 12, 2019

How do I submit a future time period in Jira Software My Work? I mean, the reports are run once a week and I will be on PTO for two weeks. This should be included in the weekly report but the system does not allow me to submit next week's timesheet or I haven't found a way to do it. So, how do I do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2019

Are you using Tempo Timesheets? If so, then the future period needs to be opened so that you can enter time against it. There is no inherent limitation in Jira itself to prevent you from creating a future worklog.

Erik de Bont November 20, 2019

You can create future worklogs that is indeed no problem.
However it seems you cannot submit a future period for approval!

Like # people like this
Mihaela-Ioana Iancu September 20, 2021

Hello,

Is there any resolution for this issue? Namely if possible (and how) to submit for approval a future period.

Thank you

Pierrette Mugisha June 21, 2023

I am having the same issue. I can only log my time, but only able to submit the current week for approval.

I tried to submit using the app on my android phone, but it submits to the wrong supervisor even though I select the right one.

Robert Dunker December 20, 2023

how could this answer be accepted?

it's not related to the timesheet..

i'd like that feature too, to prevent from logging in every vacation's week to submit my timesheets during a 6 weeks vacation period.

Like Mihaela-Ioana Iancu likes this

Suggest an answer