Jira Software and Core Upgrade. (7.1.9)

Eznerol August 6, 2016

Hello Cool People,

We  are planning to Upgrade our JIRA instance from version 7.0.0 (core:7.0.0 & software: 7.0.4) to the latest release which is 7.1.9.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that upgrading JIRA Software to 7.1.9 will also automatically iupgrade JIRA core to version 7.1.9. I hope someone can shed some light on  my queries below.

• Are the workflows will be automatically carried over to the upgraded instance?
  • Should I manually copy the modified configuration to the new instance?
  • Will it automatically connect to the existing DB (MSSQL) after the upgrade?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Best!

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2016

I would suggest that you have a look at the standard JIRA upgrade documentation here as it contains some useful information about recommended backups and steps as part of the upgrade procedure - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AdminJIRAServer070/Upgrading+JIRA+applications.

To answer your questions (to the best of my knowledge):

• Yes they are automatically carried over
  • Configuration should not need to be reapplied as a result of an upgrade
  • Database connection should be maintained post migration, there should be no step required here

Eznerol August 8, 2016

Hi @Jeff Sinclair,

Thanks for your response and for pointing me the right direction. This would surely help a lot.  I have another query below:

• Does the plugins needs to be upgraded first prior the the JIRA upgrade or can I do that post upgrade?

Best,

Lorenze

Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2016

I would suggest upgrading your plugins after you have upgraded JIRA - it would probably be prudent to verify that there is a compatible version of all the plugins you have installed with 7.1.9 however, to be sure that everything will continue to operate once you have upgraded.

Eznerol August 17, 2016

I successfully upgrade our production instance to the latest. thanks for the help @Jeff Sinclair.

Suggest an answer