Jira Software/Service Desk 3

Alexander Riggs December 8, 2015

Hello,

Today I upgraded to JIRA Software/Service Desk - and man has it been confusing! But I am trying to figure out how I can set a project as software and have a service desk for it?

I use it to track issues, but I also want end users to be able to enter issues, requests, etc like I have always been able to.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

I would make your project like you always have. Once you do that, go to "Create a service desk" and select your new project. This will ensure you get the Service Desk features on top of your known strategy. You may have to tweak a couple of permissions, but this is exactly how we deployed and it saved us a lot of headache.

Sounds like what I need, but where do I find that link at?

@Jeff Tillett Mind to elaborate?

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

On which part? Creating it like any other project, or turning it into a service desk?

@Jeff Tillett Where is the create a service desk option

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2015

In your banner bar you should see a Service Desk menu. Under that menu, the bottom option is "Create a Service Desk" Then you get the option to create a new project Enable for existing project.

Alexander Riggs December 9, 2015

ohh.. thats where it gets sad for me.. See my other questions.. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32975096/no-dropdown-for-service-desk-3

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2015

Ah, we don't have 3 yet, so I'm not sure where that option would live. I would assume it would be in that view they gave you, but I can't verify that for you.

Suggest an answer