Jira Software License throughout Rest API

Alexei Ferreira August 8, 2019

Hello Atlassians,

Is it possible to get license details throughout the jira rest api for jira software server? how may I do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Radek Janata November 16, 2021

It's possible through private API. See Atlassian Knowledge Base article:
How to retrieve application license details or set the license via private REST API in Jira 7+

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

What "Licence details" are you looking for?

Alexei Ferreira August 8, 2019

How many users licensed users, how many licenses I and how many licenses I have to I would make a script to script a page on confluence with that information

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

I don't think there's a way to get the licence number over REST, but as it rarely changes and has to be changed by admins, that's quite a minor thing.

For current users, try a "get" on /rest/api/2/user/permission/search using the permission "USE".  Every account that has "use" counts towards your licence usage.

Alexei Ferreira October 8, 2019

The idea is to have an automated health check process.

Ruben Jongejan December 23, 2019

You can get the license, and the maximum amount of users at this endpoint: '/rest/plugins/applications/1.0/installed/jira-software/license'

Note: there is also a healthcheck endpoint at '/rest/troubleshooting/1.0/check/'.

RichardA September 24, 2021

Hi @Alexei Ferreira , Did you get any solution on this automated update process to confluence. Now I have the same requirement.

Pls suggest

Alexei Ferreira September 30, 2021

i couldn't find a solution for this one, I just create an process that checks a file populated by me. :/

Suggest an answer