Jira Software Deleted

The data of our Jira software got deleted from our server. Our Passwords are with our Admin only. No one has the passwords apart from our Admin. So, how can the files be deleted? Can someone delete the files remotely? It would be appreciated if someone can assist with this.

1 answer

0 vote

Mayur,

I wrote you on your previous question about this but I never heard back from you.

Only someone with server access can delete the files, remotely or internally. You will need to speak with your server administrator and they can tell you who would have had access to do that.

Please note if someone actually deleted your Jira files, then it doesn't require Jira login to do that, as it can be done directly from the server.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hello Shannon, 

Understood. Thanks. 

You're welcome, Mayur,

If your server admin has any questions please feel free to let us know but they should be able to see who has access to delete files off the server.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

38 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you