Jira-Slack - can I make the issue 'preview' in slack show the whole issue, description, comments, et

Kim November 7, 2019

I have successfully added a Jira project to a Slack channel. Not everyone on the Slack channel has an account in Jira, so I'd like the issue preview that is posted to the slack channel to be comprehensive. Since non-jira users can't click the link to see the full issue, I'd like to have it just display all the info upfront. Changing from default to extended view didn't seem to add much info.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hi Kim,

I understand you're hoping to add more info to the unfurl in Slack, and description alone (from the Extended view in the official Slack integration) didn't cut it. Comments and probably some custom fields are what you're looking for.

While we don't currently offer the ability to customize the issue preview message (beyond selecting between default and extended message styles), there are a couple other Slack integrations on the marketplace that offer some customization options:

It's possible some other Slack connectors on the Marketplace will add message configuration options in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer