It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira-Slack - can I make the issue 'preview' in slack show the whole issue, description, comments, et

I have successfully added a Jira project to a Slack channel. Not everyone on the Slack channel has an account in Jira, so I'd like the issue preview that is posted to the slack channel to be comprehensive. Since non-jira users can't click the link to see the full issue, I'd like to have it just display all the info upfront. Changing from default to extended view didn't seem to add much info.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team yesterday

Hi Kim,

I understand you're hoping to add more info to the unfurl in Slack, and description alone (from the Extended view in the official Slack integration) didn't cut it. Comments and probably some custom fields are what you're looking for.

While we don't currently offer the ability to customize the issue preview message (beyond selecting between default and extended message styles), there are a couple other Slack integrations on the marketplace that offer some customization options:

It's possible some other Slack connectors on the Marketplace will add message configuration options in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you