Jira Services Desk "Update ticket Based on Email Subject Criteria"

Mohamed Eltayeb July 8, 2014

Hi ,

is it doable to update ticket which is alraedy exist in the system based on receiving email and subject match the same subject of the ticket ?

if yes please advise , if not what is my alternative options to achieve this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Hello,

You can achieve this configurating a mail handler to add comments to the issues.

It will examine the mail content looking for a issue key present in the subject of the mail, if there is no issue key, it will examine other aspects of the message, such as the subject matching an existent issue.

Please, the document below for more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Mohamed Eltayeb July 12, 2014

Hi Pedro ,

thats worked fine for me , just one concern here , " key present in the subject "

ive testing updating exist issue through email , its works fine when the senairo as the following :

Subject : Cant Access Server01 ,

Vender answer me back : Subject : Re : Cant Access Server01

BUT if the vender add his own ticket number to subject like : Re: Cant Access Server01 - TN9388999 In this case it will create new issue ,

My point here how we can define key with lower senstive scan case , to match 1st 2nd 3rd part of subject not the WHOL subject ?

is it doable >?

Suggest an answer