Jira Service Desk

Rahul Pandoh August 25, 2014

Hi Team

I have installed Jira Service Desk Plugin in my Jira.I have created a user in jira and gave him Just Service Desk Customer permissions and not even jira user permission.

But when I am loggin in with his credentials he is not able to login into Jira Service Desk customer portal for jira service desk.Please let me know whether it is necessary to give jira user permission to all the service desk customers? and if not then how a normal customer can login into jira service desk customer portal ?

See problem is that when i am giving jira user permission to that customer,he is able to see all the stuff that a jira service desk team member can see like sla,issue assigned etc which is not preferable.Please clarify me on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

You just need to give him the SD customer permissions. No need for JIRA user permission. Can you make sure the permission scheme has this role used?

Rahul Pandoh August 26, 2014

Jobin if i give only SD permisiion,he cant login.In the atlassian documentation for Jira Service Desk it is clearly mentioned that In order for customers to submit requests through the Customer Portal, they must log in with their JIRA credentials (either through JIRA or the Customer Portal).

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

He can't login to SD with that permission?

Rahul Pandoh August 27, 2014

Yes If i revoke jira user access and provide only customer portal access,he cant even login into customer desk portal.

Joel Cumberland September 22, 2014

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem.

Suggest an answer