Jira Service Desk

We currently have JIRA hosted in our environment and want to use Service Desk.

My questions are

Is service desk a new instance separate from JIRA application.

Is service desk an application that can be installed as part of JIRA upgrading the instance?

WE running the service desk installer it looks just like installing JIRA software that would ovewrite my JIRA instance

I am a bit confused, thank you

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It's not quite this simple, but think of it this way:

• JIRA Core - is a system that provides JIRA and a place to install JIRA Applications, and JIRA Add-ons.
  • JIRA Software is a JIRA Application - it needs JIRA Core to run on, and needs to be added to it.
  • JIRA Service Desk is a JIRA Application too.

So, if you want Core, you install Core.  If you want Software, you install Core and add Software.  If you want Service Desk, you install Core and add Service Desk.  If you want Service Desk and Software, you install Core and add them both.

Now, Atlassian provide three installers:

• JIRA Core installs Core
  • JIRA Software installs Core, with Software added to it already
  • JIRA Service Desk installs Core, with Service Desk added to it already

So you already have Core (or Software, I'm not sure from the question).  So if you want Service Desk, go to "Manage Applications" and add it in there.  You don't need an installer.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you