Jira Service Desk to Jira Software

Justin V June 29, 2017

I have just started using JIRA service desk and would like to know how to create a Jira Software card based on a Service Request's status.

I have a workflow in Jira SD that allows a user to move a service request to a specified group. When the service request is placed in this group, I would like Service Desk to create a linked issue in a Jira Software board.

I have linked the two applications together, but I am unsure how to make this an automated process. Any help is appericated.

2 answers

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

You need to install both apps, Service Desk and Software, then from the ticket at Jira Service Desk you can create a linked ticket in an internal Software project.

Here's an article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/escalate-jira-service-desk-issues-to-other-jira-teams-930022008.html

Richard Pugh July 18, 2017

awesome. is there a way to automate the link so all tickets LINK to my SW project or do I have to LINK one by one as they come in?

Justin V July 18, 2017

I followed the article, but when I click on 'Create Linked Issue' the only option I have is with my current JIRA SD Project. An option to connect it to my other JIRA Software project does not show.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Richard, there're several ways to automate the process, if you have a certain criteria when a ticket is created at sd you can automate the whole process, even the software issue creation.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2017

Justin,

Make sure you have permission to create tickets in other projects other than SD.

I use this option daily and i can create in core and software projects without any problem.

Let me know if you continue to have problems after the permissions check

Justin V July 21, 2017

I ended up reinstalling Service Desk on the original JIRA Software server. I had installed them on two different servers and they don't play nicely together.

0 votes
Richard Pugh July 18, 2017

Justin - did you get this answered? I have the same question.

Justin V July 18, 2017

Hi Richard, 

I did not find a solution yet. I am still looking for one.

Suggest an answer