Jira Service Desk restricted

Baicu Maria Luiza March 2, 2017

Hello. I have created a new project - JIRA Service Desk and it's restricted. I have certain groups as customers and agents. Well, how do I put a group that can be reacheble in a field (e-mail, user picker)? I don't want that this group to see the project. For the moment, in this field I can only select the users that are customers or agents, of course....

Can you give me a hint, please?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2017

Hi, can you try, as a test, adding these groups to the global permission Browse Users ( Administration > System > Security - Global Permissions )?

0 votes
Shyam Bhaskaran June 13, 2017

Hi, were you able to resolve this problem - If yes can you provide us the steps that helped you in resolving it.

0 votes
Baicu Maria Luiza March 13, 2017

Hello. I have tried over and over again to find a solution for my problem,  above. The setting you have recommended me is already done, but there is still the same issue I'm dealing with.

I'll try to explain more, maybe there is another solution. Well, I have a service desk, I have a group of customers and a group of agents. Only these persons may see the project (service desk, portal). My request type have a field, e-mail account (user picker). I have created another group of users from which I want the customers to select the users in that field, e-mail account. But, I don't want that the users from that group to see the portal or to have access to it. They only need to be selected in that field.

What setting should I make to resolve this issue of mine?

Please, let me know if this is not possible, because I have to search for another configuration of my fields (which must be the last solution).

Thank you.

0 votes
Baicu Maria Luiza March 3, 2017

Hi, the group is already there. 

Is there any other possibility?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer