Jira Service Desk not started

Andy Howell November 28, 2016

I installed JIRA Service Desk standalone on laptop to evaluate it.

After it installed, it started with an Apache command window in the background and worked fine - after changing the port number etc.

Since I logged off over the weekend, Jira Service Desk will not start.

How do I start JIRA Service Desk?

Many thanks 
Andy Howell 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2016

What does the log file say is going wrong?  What are the symptoms of "not starting"?

Andy Howell November 28, 2016

This is on Windows 10.

The last entry in the log file was : 2016-11-23 11:26:27,231 active-objects-init-JiraTenantImpl{id='system'}-0 INFO anonymous 684x25x1 1d2hr8r 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/SetupFinishing!triggerSetup.jspa [internal.ao.upgrade.task001] =========================================

I had installed JIRA Service Desk on my laptop after doing the dragon training. The other applications - Jira, confluence, etc have all started - they are in the Services tab.

When I installed JSD, that there was a popup - Apache Tomcat? - that had to be left running - and JSD worked fine. After restarting the laptop yesterday morning, the popup hasn't reappeared and JSD is not responding -
"This site can’t be reached
localhost refused to connect.
Search Google for localhost 8040 projects MSD welcome guide
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Hope you can help, many thanks, Andy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2016

I think you need to look further through the logs - the last couple of hundred lines (java logs can be long and highly irrelevant)

Suggest an answer