Jira Service Desk not showing up workflow buttons and Admin cannot edit or assign issue

Sashi S November 7, 2017

Hi,

We have setup Jira Service Desk with in Jira as an App so that we can manage both Jira and service desk projects under same instance. Version is 7.3.6 and self-hosted.

Here's the list of problems we are facing:

P1. None of service desk issues show up buttons from custom workflow.

P2. Strangely, the edit button does not appear and

P3. Issues cannot be assigned to any user i.e. the Assignee field does not activate/enable on mouse over or click.

All above issues have been checked from both admin and user accounts. 

We tried following options to solve P1 but it still persists:

- Re-index the project

- Integrity check. This found an issue with duplicate permission which I hope is fixed by clicking "Fix" button.

- Switched workflow scheme to default and Re-index Project. Switched back to custom workflow and re-indexed project but no use either.

- Removed conditions and post functions across all transitions

Any help is really appreciated..

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sashi S December 7, 2017

Hello Susan,

Extremely sorry for such a late reply.

Your input was really helpful for me to get to the root cause. Issue was that the Jira service desk group that was used while creating AD connection did not have any user in it and none of users were treated as agents, hence this issue.

Thanks for helping me point to the right direction.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

Hi,

Glad I can help, could you mark this as solved (little check mark).

Thanks...Susan

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Hi Sashikanth,

Have you actually granted agent licenses for that Service Desk project?  You seem to be describing behaviour that a non-agent would encounter when viewing a Jira Service Desk project>

Susan

Sashi S November 7, 2017

That's a good question Susan. Here's something I did not mention in my question. Users are from AD that has been configured with Service Desk. Unlike a stand alone Service Desk, I can't find an option to add agents directly (my SD is installed with in Jira).

I found below thread based on your question and wondering if my service desk instance is facing similar issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Service-Desk-AD-Login/qaq-p/80890

That led me to a feature request and I followed this work around which I am going to try.

It would be great if you can let me know if I'm going in right direction.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2017

Hi,

If you are the project admin for the service desk project, then go to "invite team" from the project page.

Then you can invite "agents" to your service desk project.  They will automatically get the right permissions and they will consume an agent license for your service desk.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/add-service-desk-agents-917968322.html

In the Users - even if you are using AD, there is a check-box for jira-service-desk-users. 

Let me know if that works.

Susan

Sashi S November 7, 2017

Hello Susan,

I have been given admin role on service desk, however I don't see the icon to invite team on side bar. 

Will find that out ASAP, fix this issue and keep posted. 

Suggest an answer