Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk customer website Edit log in notifications

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how I can edit the automatic
mail notification of the log-in on a website that is supported by Jira? Thanks in advance

1 answer

Hey @EDVORT 

Is it the cloud or server hosted platform ? and can you please help us with a sample so that we can help you better.

Regard,

Vishwas

Hi Vishwas,

it is a server hosted platform.

If you want to register with an e-mail on the customer site, you will receive an e-mail telling you that there is only one step left to register. I want to edit this text.

You need more Inormations?

Thank u best regards.

Hey @EDVORT 

Please remove the accepted answer yet, let me check this thing and get back with a solution.

Thanks,

Vishwas

Okay Thank you.

Like Vishwas N M likes this

Hey @EDVORT 

Are you allowing users to signup for the jira service desk or you are inviting them the users from the User Management by clicking on "Add users" ?

Regards,

Vishwas

It is a customer website. There is a User logIn. The user needs to rite his E-Mail-Adress and then he gets a registration confirmation. And I would like to edit the text in the confirmation. The dont log in in the Hira service desk.

They can freely registrate them self.

Hey @EDVORT 

Since this is Jira Server platform there might be a way to customize the content by editing some template files in the backend. But I cannot guarantee this yet without giving a try.

Having said this can you please send a screenshot of the content what the users are receiving now ?

Regards,

Vishwas

I want to edit the registration confirmed E-Mail notification...

Hey @Vishwas N M 

do you already have new informations?

Greatings

EDVORT

Hey @EDVORT 

It's bit tricky, I'm just exploring this part by giving a try. Basically I'm trying to get the template file which sends the information. I haven't figured out which part of it is sending this mail.

Regards,

Vishwas

Hey,

So you try it on an example?

This would be very nice :)

Greatings

EDVORT

Like Vishwas N M likes this

Hey @EDVORT 

Good Day !!

This might be possible, i have done a research on this and here are my findings.

We can edit the content of verification of signup mail for Jira service desk customers.

Please try all these steps on development server.

Note : Haven't tested this yet, but I'm pretty sure it would work. All these steps have been written based on the hints, idea derived from these links. And the steps are written for English language pack, please modify accordingly !

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customize-Welcome-email-for-Customers-and-Agents/qaq-p/1052902#U1055133 --> This link says about the similar customization as that of your requirement.

And there is one Atlassian KB which mentions about customizing invitation email content here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/invite-users-email-customization-1044093548.html

Based on these docs the following steps are arrived.

Steps :

• Stop Jira
  • Go to $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins/ (Performing this action using Terminal or CMD)
  • Locate and Open jira-servicedesk-X.XX.X-REL-000X.jar file (the X's will be a different number, depending on your version) you can use your preferential tool to edit the .jar file.
  • Have a copy of this jar file before modifying
  • In jira-servicedesk-X.XX.X-REL-000X.jar (you may have to unjar the file to see the folders and files in it)you will see folder structure there find the i8n folder and inside that sd-i18n.properties file.
  • Scroll-until you find this property( # signup success section) sd.email.conversational.notification.email.signup.success.content= then edit this section as your preference.
  • Save the file and jar back the folder structure and keep the name as same jira-servicedesk-X.XX.X-REL-000X.jar
  • Start your Jira
  • Perform an signup test, to make sure that the customization worked

Sample Screenshot for the file:

Customize_Verification_Mail.png

I would also recommend you to directly reach out to Atlassian Support Team and ask them for the help :)

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you