Jira Service Desk and Jira Software

Deleted user October 18, 2019

I am really struggling to find a solution where I want to 'send' tickets to Jira Software.   We have both Jira Software and Jira Support desk.   Cloud versions. 

All I want to be able to do is when a user sends a ticket, triage it, if its a dev requirement be able to include that ticket in the dev requirement and get the updates, and know when the dev has been completed so that we can alert the client.  

• I have tried moving it, then you lose the link of the original ticket and you don't get updates.  
  • I have tried creating linked issues which sets up a new ticket in software and although it updates the ticket, it doesn't show anything in the main queue that the ticket has been updated.
  • I have added the automation app but I cant seem to find an appropriate trigger in order to clone the ticket in Software. I'm not even sure that even if I got this set up the trigger will work. 

Maybe I need to change the way I am thinking about this, but does anyone have a solution for me?   

2 answers

2 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hello @[deleted] .

if you are on Cloud, you should be able to use the built-in JSD automation and your second approach is the good one. 

I suggest you create a status in your JSD workflow that is "waiting for dev" and when you create the linked software issue, you put your JSD ticket in that step (and also in the corresponding queue).
When the software is closed, you put the comment and also transition back your ticket in the right status, the right queue. 

Regards 

2 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hi, we have done things like that in the past with the help of these addons

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215199/backbone-issue-sync-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

If I recall correctly, the first one is more user friendly than the other

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2019

Hi Hernan,

I'm with the team behind Exalate.
You're welcome to reach out to us to further discuss your requirements.  
Just book a slot with one of our experts at
https://exalate.com/book-demo/

Francis

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2019

Thanks but no need to, as I mentioned, I already used your app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events