Jira Service Desk Scriptrunner - Update an existing comment

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

I am having to work around the Service Desk, serious flaw, lack of the ability of Collaborator comments appearing on the Portals.

I have that part, switching comment to be an Agent comment and changing it to external, worked out but I would like to update the comment once I've changed it to be an external comment by an Agent to have the collaborators name in the comment. 

I do not want to create a new comment, just add to the existing one. 

I know how to get the users info but I couldn't find a way to Edit the existing comment only ways to copy it and add it again.

Is there someway to update/edit an existing comment body?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

ignore. the code I found to change the comment to be an external type doesn't change the owner of the comment as I thought it did so this question is irrelevant.

Suggest an answer