Jira Service Desk + Jira Software

Ashish Awasthi March 7, 2016

Hi,

I want to merge JIRA service desk & JIRA software.

Below is our requirement:

We do not want to create different service desk for each project. As we don't get lot of tickets opened, once project is closed. Hence, we want to have one project in service desk, which is linked with JIRA Software.

While raising ticket, customer will only see the projects they are part of. and accordingly they will raise request.

Can you help us in this, how we should achieve this?

Thanks

1 answer

5 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

I would take a look at this link for an idea of JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software work together in the new model: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/12/collaborate-developers-using-jira-service-desk/

I would create the general Service Desk Project, and then have a Software project for each new project you have. When a generic service desk request comes in, you would then link it to a new issue in the corresponding Software project.

Ashish Awasthi March 9, 2016

Thanks for the detail description mate. It is very useful.

One thing would like to ask, can we give option to customer to choose their project, when they create issue.

Suggest an answer