Jira Service Desk - External customer can't access portal

ktran September 4, 2019

This customer was added to the customer list for the project.  However, she kept getting an error message (see attached photo).  

I have another project with same set up for a different customer and there is no access problem for this customer.  

2 answers

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Double check the "Browse project" permission and make sure that your service desk has "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" listed to ensure Portal users arent blocked.

ktran September 4, 2019

That was set correctly as well.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.44.49 PM.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

have you verified the customer is listed as a customer in the project?

ktran September 4, 2019

Yes.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

You need to be positive that the customer is logging in with the email that is listed in the Customers for the project in question. Also, assuming you have email setup to create issues then have them attempt to do so.

ktran September 6, 2019

Yes, I am positive that the customer is logging in with the email I used to add them to the project.  They can't access anything (see the screen shot I provided earlier).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2019

Not sure how to debug further from here. I recommend contacting Atlassian Support so they can log in and check things out.

Suggest an answer