Jira Service Desk Customers

Deleted user October 19, 2016

We got 2 problems related to customer management in Jira Service Desk.

We have Jira Service Desk in which 4 Service Desk projects.

The weird thing is that all 4 Service Desk projects have our internal users (which can be found under System - User management) are listed under 'Customers' within 4 Service Desk projects.

The question: is it normal? and how to remove our internal users from being listed under 'Customers'.

The second problem is that customers are not added to Jira Service Desk 'Service Desk Customers' role automatically.

The question is: is it a bug? I read that they should be added to Service Desk customers role automatically as soon as you invite a customer.

I hope that someone will be able to shed some light.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

Tamara,

User are added as customers in a few ways:

1. if they are invited AND they act on the invitation by following the invitation link and create a password
  2. the admin adds them directly and sets up a pwd
  3. you configure where anyone can signup for a customer account via email under Customer Permissions for the project in question

I think the article below in the documentation will explain things for you. If you set up #3 then customer are automatically added which may be what you are experiencing. https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events