Jira Service Desk Customer Portal Requests view customization

Stephen Archbold November 14, 2017

Hello,  how would I customize the screen that the customer uses to browse their service requests.  I would like to add the ability to filter or search on the fields they are being displayed.

Right now they are displayed the Type, Reference, summary, Service Desk, Status, Requester.

Filtering is only available for "Open or Closed", created by, Request Type and I can search the summary/description.

What I want is for the customer to be able to filter by the Status.  so for example if they have 100 open tickets and 15 are in pending status I want them to be able to filter to view only the 15 pending or filter to view the 85 which are waiting on support.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Hi there,

unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. But there are already tickets for this issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3932
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3932

In the second link someone wrote about an add-on. Maybe this could help you out for now.

1 vote
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 5, 2018

Hello @Stephen Archbold,

I think My Requests Extension will work for you. Thanks to this app users can add, change and reorder the columns on My Requests page, and filter issues by specific Service Desks, Organizations, Request types and Statuses.

Moreover, as an admin, you can configure which fields can be used on My Requests page, which fields are visible as columns by default, and also define which user groups can use a specific field. So, you can use fields such as reference, requester, participants, organizations, type, priority, SLA, and many others.

However, My Requests Extension is only available on Server. If you're looking for Cloud solutions, you should check out Extended Request List.

Best regards,

Kate

Swetha Bammidi December 5, 2019

Hi Katarzyna Pawlak,

My Requests Extension app is not available for Cloud. Please suggest me if there is any other way to extend my Jira service desk portal.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Swetha

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Swetha Bammidi 

Atlassian added a simple option to the native Requests page. You can read about it here. It's a basic.

For more demanding customers, we've recently released My Requests Extension for Jira Service Management. I'm a product owner of this app. It provides a dedicated Requests view which allows to display more information to your customers. List of all supported fields you can find in our documentation. This list is still expanding! Re-arrange columns, sorting, exporting etc. are available. We're working also on filters functionality (the same like in the server version).

If you have more requirements according to this app, let us know via Customer Portal. You can also find me at LinkedIn.

Cheers,

Kate

Suggest an answer