Jira Service Desk / Core

Daniel Wilkin June 11, 2017

Hi,

Just need some clarification. Installing Jira Service Desk, will also install Jira Core. But does this provide access to all the functionality of Jira Core or will I need to purchase and install this also.

Running a small, but busy IT team the service desk applicaton has improved our team tracking of issues tremendously, however, I've also created a project  to provide current and future projects that we need to address as well. My problem is that the view is still showing it as a list of tasks and subtasks. What I want is this view to change to show it as a dashboard or kanban view, as the layout will be easier for the team to see what is to be done, and what is in progress etc.

Appreciate any update / reply.

Many Thanks

Regards

Daniel Wilkin

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2017

Service Desk runs on top of Core, as it requires a whole load of functions the Core provides (issues, workflow, projects etc).  If you've installed JSD, you need nothing else, Core is already running behind it.

>What I want is this view to change to show it as a dashboard or kanban view

Get the user to click on another view of it.  And maybe ask them to set the default to a dashboard (top right, under their profile)

Daniel Wilkin June 11, 2017

Thanks NIc, 

The below image is what we see when I'm in one of my projects. Selecting switch filter only presents what issues I can see or even to allow me to create my own upon JQL or basic filter requests. 

Selecting the dashboard view under the  user profile only displays the dashboard gadgets.

When I'm looking at Jira Core on the Atlassian site it displays Project views the  like a kanban board view, and then allows users to drag and drop issues from To Do,to In progress, or under review.

Hope this helps explains the issue further, in regards to what you are saying with Service Desk,  I believe I should be seeing this Kanan board view without the need to install Core.  Is that correct ?

Thanks for your help once again. 

Kind Regards

Daniel WIlkin

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.04.34 pm.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Ah, no.  The business projects from Core get boards.  Service Desk projects get service desks.

Daniel Wilkin June 13, 2017

Thanks Nic. Since I have initially installed Service Desk first, will there be any problems in installing the JIRA Core as a complete application afterwards.

I'm assuming by doing this it will essentially provide the complete functionality of JIRA Core that I'm needing.

Many Thanks

Regards

Daniel Wilkin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2017

As I said originally,  Service Desk runs on top of Core.  If you've installed JSD, Core is already running behind it. 

You're done, you don't "install Core as a complete application", it's already there, and you have the complete functionality of Core.  One of its functions is to run applications like JSD

Daniel Wilkin June 13, 2017

Thanks Nic, and I appreciate your patience.  The functionality that I want is only for JIRA Core Cloud instances and not on premise server installs. 

Suggest an answer