Jira Service Desk Cloud performance for big instance

Mariusz Piotrowski September 16, 2019

Hello,

do you have experience with big instances on cloud? Our customer would like to setup SD on Cloud with 500 agents, 70k issues per month and 5,5k customers. They already have 500 software and 400 core users in this instance. Does cloud handle such traffic and performance will be as good as it is now with 900 users?

Regards,

Mariusz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hello Mariusz,

Thank you for reaching out.

I can say that JIRA will work just fine when talking about performance with the current scenario you are providing, as I already saw even bigger Cloud instances with no issues.

However, I would be worried about the Storage available since they are going to be logging 70k issues per month, possibly with attachments like images, files and videos.

As the standard JIRA Service Desk Cloud subscription provides your JIRA instance with 250GB storage, I would suggest your customer consider the premium subscription of JIRA Cloud which has unlimited storage availability together with a 24/7 dedicated support. You can check the details and comparisons with the standard plan in the link below:

JIRA Software Premium

Additionally, if they are planning to perform periodic backups archiving their old data and will be clearing their JIRA instance eventually, they will not be facing any issues in the Standard plan.

Let me know if this information helps.

Mariusz Piotrowski September 18, 2019

I can see only JIRA Software Premium. Does JIRA SD Premium exist? Or they just need to convert their 500 Software users to a premium, leave 400 Core as is, and add 500 agents in standard plan?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hello Mariusz,

Actually, the JIRA Cloud Premium subscription is a benefit that will be applied to all your JIRA instance (Storage increase and 24/7 support) so it is not related to applications, but to the whole Cloud instance.

That being said, the billing will be applied to all users that are current using any JIRA application in the instance.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer