Jira Service Desk Cloud and Active Directory integration

jfcharette July 14, 2016

Hi,

We use JIRA/Clonfluence on the Cloud.

We are looking to use Service Desk on the Cloud but it doesn't seem to allow Active Directory integration.

Is it possible now ?

If not, is it in a roadmap ?

Tx.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2016

Correct, Cloud does not allow directories other than the internal one and google accounts.

I've heard some muttering about allowing LDAP to provide customer lists on Cloud, but I don't know if that has made it onto a roadmap with Atlassian yet.

1 vote
Russell Stanford March 7, 2017

Yes, we use Azure AD for User logons. I am still trying to figure out how to link the Azure AD to our customers, which are all internal as well. 

Russell Stanford March 8, 2017

You can connect customers to Azure AD and probably any other SSO method. You do have to have Site Administration permissions, customers are on a verified domain, and they are in the Active Directory of choice in this case Azure AD. 

1. Add your customers to your service desk. They must be in the list of customers to have access to the portal.
  2. Then go to the pull down gear in the upper right of the screen and under JIRA "Site Administration" there is an option for "User Management". Click "User Management"
  3. On the site administration page, there should be an option for "Portal Only Customers"
  4. Click on one of the non-paid customers. 
  5. In the upper right there should be a button for "Convert To Atlassian Account". Click that button
  6. You will receive a warning message about how this cannot be undone. Click OK. 
  7. When the user account appears you have options to apply licenses to that user. Do not apply any licenses to that user unless you want them to have a paid license. 
  8. The customer will now be required to sign in with their Azure AD credentials to access the Service Desk Portal. 
  9. I had a really hard time finding any information on this. I basically figured it out.

Also as a side note we have about 150 users, and we are not required to pay for an Azure AD account. We use the free version. There are limitations to this, but we are fine with those limitations. 

Hope this helps someone else with their SSO experience. 

0 votes
Michael Dennis July 14, 2016

I found this -

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-80

Seems crazy and a bit ridiculous to think that after all this time that are considering it as a potential "premium" offering. with these features:

• SAML 2.0 SSO Support
  • Custom Domains
  • 2FA Auth with optional SMS
  • Consolidated Billing
0 votes
Michael Dennis July 14, 2016

Is there a way to find out if it is on the Atlassian roadmap for JIRA Cloud to support ADFS or Azure AD for logins?

Suggest an answer