Jira Service Desk Cloud How to create a custom query for customer satisfaction

Leanne Johnson April 20, 2017

There are canned reports in Jira Service Desk cloud for the results of customer satisfaction surveys.  How can I create a query to produce these same results so I can customize and publish the results for management to see on a Confluence page, for example?  I am not seeing any of the field names when I attempt to do this using JQL, such as rating, etc.  

UPDATE:  I was able to locate two CSAT fields by exporting a set of issues to CSV and searching within Excel. Now I can create a filter based on the date the survey was completed (Satisfaction Date) and display the number of stars in the rating (Satisfaction Rating), or filter on the number of stars rated (the values in this field would range from 1 - 5). However, if a customer comments when completing their Satisfaction Survey, I cannot find where that is stored so I can display that as well. Does anyone have any insight on this?

2 answers

1 vote
Jerel Crosland July 18, 2019

Whenever asking a question like this, you always have to add "free" as part of your request for a solution. Otherwise, 95% of the time you will get responses from various vendors selling add-ons to make Jira usable. As a true Service Desk it's missing some core features.

Jira has a reputation for being amazing, but I have a feeling it's NOT for their Service Desk / Service Management offering. Maybe most people have no problem spending even more money paying for add-ons. It's a great business model, actually. Atlassian provides the base platform, and required functionality is provided by add-on vendors who pay Atlassian a cut. Atlassian doesn't have to support the additional code but gets a cut of the profits. Nothing nefarious or bad about this. It's good business, but it's only good for Atlassian, not the customer. 

0 votes
Marcel Nick July 12, 2017

Hi Leanne,

Our Cloud Plugin for JIRA Service Desk allows you to create overall satisfaction, SLA & custom reports across all of your service desk projects.

Customer-Rating.png

Suggest an answer