Jira Server to cloud Server migration.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Do any one have video link related to Jira Server to Server migration.

1 answer

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui , 

I don't have a video presentation for jira server to cloud migration. However, I can point you to the Atlassian KB article for reference.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-972349848.html

Thanks,

Kiran.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

thank you but i want to migrate JIRA server to window cloud server.

Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

In that case, you need to take the complete XML backup of your JIRA instance running on the server and then setup a bare shell (New) JIRA instance of the same version on the Windows Cloud  server and then import the XML backup into the New Cloud instance.

Once you import the XML, you can then take the attachments from the old JIRA server home directory and copy to the new JIRA home directory running on the Cloud server.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

Do you have any idea related to database, as if possible is there any video for above migration, it will give more better understanding. 

Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

I don't have any video reference for JIRA server migration.

If you are migrating the database also, then the best option will be to use the XML backup and import it in the new jira instance. 

Thanks,

Kiran.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this

Suggest an answer