Jira Server not working with other browsers than Chrome

Igor Jovanovic October 23, 2017

I have migrated my project from Jira Cloud to Jira Server. For users that are using Chrome browser, there is no problem. The users that are using other browsers are basically disabled to work with the Jira Server, because many things are not working properly, starting with: the sidebar is not visible, neither Issue Details and they can't open any of issues, just could see them in the Backlog.

Anyone has an idea what could be the problem?

Igor

1 answer

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi, 

Are the same users able to browse JIRA normally with Chrome? 

Is the issue occurring with all the users if they user any other browser than chrome?
Are the users using Chrome being disabled to work if they choose any other browser from their system? 

One of the problems that may happen with Firefox is that some Atlassian Application pages (even the login page) have missing fields, gadgets, etc. The cause of this problem is that Firefox has a property called "Safebrowsing". This may block some external communications even with trusted websites (like gadgets for example) or even block the site itself if it's considered "Unsafe". To disable this option the user will have to browse through Tools/Security/ , uncheck "Block reported attack sites" and "Block reported web forgeries" and then clear the browser's cache.

You can try checking for the Safebrowsing.
You can also see if JavaScript is not disabled for your other browser.

You can also try be deleting the cookies and cached files and see if the problem still persists.

Igor Jovanovic October 26, 2017

Hi Tayyab, thank you very much for helping me!

All users are able to browse normally with Chrome.

All users have the problem when using another browser. 

I am not sure I understand the last question.

I have disabled Safebrowing that is called now Phishing Protection by unchecking"Block dangerous and deceptive content" and cleared the Cache, but it didn't help.

Suggest an answer