Jira Server Java API .jar files

Tom October 26, 2017

Hello,

i've spent so many time looking for Jira Server Java API .jar files, but could not find anywhere latest full package.

i am aware about the maven repositories, i would rather use .jar files in my project.

Could somebody point me to a location, where i could download full package of  Jira java Server api .jar files?

We are not going to develop any plugins etc, we need to migrate our document database from lotus notes to jira server. We need to be able to communicate to jira server through the java api.

EDIT* Or maybe is it possible to load them directly from the server folder? If yes, could someone share the path to it? 

Many thanks for the help

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hi Tom!

E.g. for installed Jira 7.5.0 it is located at JIRA_7.5.0\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\jira-api-7.5.0.jar.

Tom October 28, 2017

Hi Aleksandr,

thank you for your answer! You helped a lot!

I would like to ask you, why the api, that is under JIRA_7.5.1\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\jira-api-7.5.1.jar. differs from the api, that is documented here https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/server/ ?

They both are 7.5.1, but if you look at the package  com.atlassian.jira.issue the docs have way more classes, that the package which is on the server (.jar).

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2017

I suppose the documentation describes jira-core lib. You can read about the differences here.

Suggest an answer