Jira Script Validator

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

I'm trying to check if an issue is unassigned on a transition but it doesn't seem to be working.

I created a script validator and tried the following

issue.assignee != 'Unassigned'

and this

issue.assignee != "Unassigned"

No matter if the what the Assignee is Unassigned or set to someones name the transition still happens.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Unassigned is not an assignee name. Check for null. If the assignee is empty, it is shown as Unassigned in JIRA.

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

When I changed unassigned to null it worked.  Thanks!

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

Hi Cynthia!

In case you want something easier than scripting, I recommend you take a look at the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions, which contains some powerful additions to workflow management.

For the Assignee condition, you could add a Validator on the workflow that makes the 'Assignee' field required, so if someone tries to transition the issue without an Assignee definded, an error message (which can be customized) will be displayed.

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer