Jira SQL Server 2012 support

Carlos Henriques April 15, 2013

Hi.

I'm going to make a few changes in my company servers, and we will upgrade our SQL Server to 2012 version.

In JIRA "Supported Platforms" page only states the support for SQL Server 2005 & 2008:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Supported+Platforms

Is this true? No SQL Server 2012 support?

If there is no support for SQL Server 2012, anyone knows when it will be available?

Anyone tried using Jira with SQL Server 2012?

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Markus Viel September 23, 2014

JIRA is supporting now W2012 SQL Server   ...  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms ( W2012 SQL for JIRA 6.3 with JTDS 1.2.4 driver ) 

the Next Version will be SQL 2014 ( dont expect it to soo ...  ) 

0 votes
Markus Viel June 17, 2014

Is there a "Real" reason , why there is no Info after Month regarding the Status of support for MS SQL 2012 ?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30019

After 1 Year ! there is still no Info ..... how many votes does the Ticket need that someone feels the need to put some love into the issue ?

@DarlyTicket tend to not solve themselve by there own if you let the wait for 1 year.

( Personell I think that Darly is no longer employed with Altassasin since February therefor noone takes the ticket and pushes it forward )

0 votes
Carlos Henriques April 17, 2013

Hi.

Thanks for the answers :)

@Daryl, I already voted on that issue, but it shouldn't be necessary.

SQL Server is one of the most used RDBMS, and the 2012 edition was launched 12 months ago..

Most of the applications I work with already support it, and I'm talking of big applications like ERP's, CRM's, development platforms, etc.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe it may work with some "adjustments" (like @Nic said), but Atlassian must be faster devlivering this type of support so one year after you don't have to be begging for official support for SQL Server 2012.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2013

Hi Carlos

There is already an improvement request raised at here : JRA-30019

Feel free to vote for it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher to receive any updates from the developers.

Hope it help!

Cheers :)

Carlos Henriques April 17, 2013

Hi.

Thanks for the answers :)

@Daryl, I already voted on that issue, but it shouldn't be necessary.

SQL Server is one of the most used RDBMS, and the 2012 edition was launched 12 months ago..

Most of the applications I work with already support it, and I'm talking of big applications like ERP's, CRM's, development platforms, etc.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe it may work with some "adjustments" (like @Nic said), but Atlassian must be faster devlivering this type of support so one year after you don't have to be begging for official support for SQL Server 2012.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

Works fine, but I've only used it on a test server so far, and only briefly (it was a temporary option before we got a nice shiny PostGres server built - much better than SQL-Server in my experience)

You can basically use the instructions for 2008, but, we had to fiddle with the driver .jar slightly (the most recent release didn't work, but a minor downgrade fixed it). Plus, I have no idea how Atlassian are planning to support it.

Suggest an answer