Jira Release Note Customisation - What are the risks of enabling velocimacro.library.autoreload

Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2017

I want to customise the release notes in Jira with my own velocity code. The instructions on the jiradev site say to set the following in a development instance:

velocimacro.library.autoreload=true

Are there any risks in leaving this enabled all the time on our production Jira instance? My confidence in getting the code right first time is low.

Will there be a performance impact on Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Neil,

You'll definitley want to test this in a development environment first, however, there have been some reports in other Communities forums related to issues with leaving this on:

Solved: Velocity templates problem

From the documentation I have reviewed it looks like you only need to use this if you want to make changes to the template without restarting JIRA.  I could be wrong but that was my understanding.  If that is the case I would recommend making the changes in a test/dev environment first and that will allow you to restart JIRA as needed to verify the changes work as expected and then you can make the changes in Production once you're confident the changes work as expected.

Cheers,

Branden

Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

Ugh. Thanks Branden. That link has persuaded me to be careful

Suggest an answer