Jira Question

Ravi Kiran Dowalappa Gari October 25, 2016

Hi All,

how to trigger post function of edit workflow action.

To render parent attributes from epic link when added after create a story,without adding new transition. 

Please help me out on these.

if we have any separate plugins for this edit workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

Edit is not a workflow transition and doesn't have post-functions

You could find or write a listener to pick up "issue updated", check the data and make the updates you need, or move the edit into workflow transitions.  I'd use the script-runner add-on to do it.

Ravi Kiran Dowalappa Gari October 29, 2016

Hi Nic,

I have removed edit permission for all users and added new transition as edit with transition view same as edit issue screen such that field values can be rendered from the epic link (added post function to render these values and two edit  buttons are not allowed).

With the above process I am not able to render values. I think disabling edit issue permission is blocking to render values from the epic link.

Is there anyway I can render values from epic link, Please suggest.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2016

You don't need to remove the edit permission, just remove the fields from the edit screen.

Suggest an answer