Jira Project issue type custom field

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a custom field that is a single select list, and has a JQL query for options?

Really what I need is that we have an issue type called "project" and when creating a task issue type, I want to be able to have a select list of all the project issue types in that project, so that a task issue type is tied to a project issue type.

I did see Profields but am not sure that does what I need.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Or alternatively if there is way to make a hierarchy of issue types so that Issue type 1 is a subset of issue type 2, without issue 2 being of type subtask. I would like to create a task to be a sub of a project. It seems logical to me as tasks are part of a project, just like stories are part of an epic, but maybe we are trying to use agile concepts for non agile things...

Suggest an answer