Jira Project Role

ISONE June 5, 2015

I would like to add logic to my groovy script to check if the login user's project role (or group) belong certain role.  I would appreciate anyone's help.

3 answers

0 votes
ISONE June 8, 2015

@Nic Brough,

Thank you for looking it for me.  I want to put logic to display different fields based on the role of the login user.  For example, I would like to display fieldx for Project Role1, displaying fieldy for Project Role 2.

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

Hey there,

You can try the example shown on this post at Atlassian Answerssmile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2015

Sorry, you've effectively said "user's project role belongs to role".  It always does, they're the same thing.

Could you explain what you're looking for?  I don't understand what you're asking for here.

ISONE June 8, 2015

Thank you for looking it for me. I want to put logic to display different fields based on the role of the login user. For example, I would like to display fieldx for Project Role1, displaying fieldy for Project Role 2.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

Ah, ok, you hadn't mentioned fields before. This makes sense. Jira does not do field level security. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330 for the discussion, workarounds and reasons Atlassian won't be doing it. Although to save you some reading, the answers are broadly: - writing fields that can do it - botching it badly with javascript - using the field security addon from Quisapps - partial (but often good enough) implementations with the Jira Script Runner addon

Suggest an answer