Jira Project Home screens

lrobertson39
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2012

Is it possible to edit the Project Summary and Project Issue pages within Jira to show different results than the standard ones? We wish to remove the 'Unresolved: By Priority' and change to another filter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2012

No but yes.

No because you can't do it in the UI, you need to indulge in some coding.

But yes, because the coding isn't that hard (although it's well buried in the docs, the searches I tried didn't find it) - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/How+to+create+a+custom+preset+filter

That covers adding your new filter, but removing "unresolved by priority" is a different matter - I think you will have to tweak core code in Jira to surpress it.

Personally, I'd leave the standard filter in there, but add your more relevant one(s). I am, of course, being lazy there, it's just less code change and less to think about during upgrade.

lrobertson39
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

In the end I created two custom Project Panels to show metrics on our two new Issue Types which use custom fields in the place of priority (dont ask why...).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2012

I won't ask why - I've been there. I find it rather amusing that there was loads of noise about it, I added the filters asked for and 3 months later no-one was using them because the standard ones were working fine. I quietly replaced their useless filters with a handful the noisy users had never mentioned and got lots of thank-you cake from the rest of the users. :-)

Suggest an answer