[Jira] Possible to use a "Rich-Client"-editor to enter a description (or custom textfield)

Pascal Lochmann January 23, 2013

Hello everyone,

we use Confluence and Jira 5.1.8 (+ Greenhopper). I have configured, that the text is renderer by the "Wiki-Markup-Renderer". Sadly, it seems to be only possible to enter the WIKI-Markup-Language.

What is need is a "rich-client" editor, like in confluence, so the user can enter a formatted text without knowledge of the Markup.

Is this possible in any way?

Best regards

Pascal

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013
Pascal Lochmann February 17, 2013

Thanks, i also tested this plugin.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

I've never used the plugin but that might be the one you're looking for:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraeditor.jeditor

Cheers Christian

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

BTW, that would have been the second Google hit for "jira rich text editor" :-)

Pascal Lochmann January 23, 2013

Hello Christian,

thanks for your reply. I also found this plugin. Since this plugin must be payed and i "only" wanted

the existing functionality, i'm searching for an build-in-solution.

But thanks for your answer. ;-)

Suggest an answer