Jira Portfolio scheduling in the past

Doug Pirie September 1, 2015

I've set up a plan in JIRA Portfolio with a release that began in Aug 18th (about 2 weeks ago) and will complete at a future date. If I mark one of the epics in that release as complete (which it is), Portfolio removes it from the plan and schedules something else to begin on the 18th - 2 weeks in the past! 

Am I missing something here?

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2015

Hi Doug, please see me response to this question here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/22654392 the idea is basically to run an explicit plan update  (Plan>Update from date) which will also set a new start date from when the remaining work is scheduled going forward. once you link to actual issues, the update dialog will be automatically be populated with changes based on the issue status so you don't have to enter it all manually. 

0 votes
Doug Pirie September 1, 2015

It may be relevant that I'm still testing and haven't linked the portfolio epics to actual Jiras yet? I'm still trying to figure out how best to use Portfolio.

Suggest an answer