Jira Portfolio "update from plan" double counting estimated points?

Brian Kleinschmidt September 18, 2015

In JIRA Portfolio, I'll put in an estimate of "54" points for an epic for example. I'll then link to JIRA and create an epic ticket. Then, stories will be created in JIRA and assigned point values. If the total of those tickets is 54 points, it now matches the epic value (which was assigned 54 points during planning). When I update from plan, Portfolio now changes the estimate to 108 instead of keeping it at 54. It appears it's counting the epic value and adding the sum of the stories within that a value. 

My assumption is it would would rise if the sum of the stories was higher than 54 points, and fall below 54 points, if the sum of the stories was less. 

Help? Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Nigel Budd _CV_ November 19, 2015

hi, I had a similar issue where the progress display was displaying double the estimate as you described, however the Epic itself had the correct story point estimate against it.

If it's the same issue you describe, I have an outstanding raised issue for it, Atlassian are treating this as a product suggestion after I raised the same issue, you can do me a favour and vote for it here.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-1039

Suggest an answer