Jira Portfolio - The Releases Filter does not filter out Epics that are NOT in the selected Release

Brad Lackey December 12, 2019

I'm trying to us the Releases filter in Jira Portfolio when looking at all Epics in the selected Project so that I can only focus on the Epics that have been approved to be worked on in the upcoming sprints. But when I select the Release that I want to focus on (which has epics and stories lined to it via the Fix Version field in each ticket), no epics appear to get filtered out. Can I not keep "other" epics from being scheduled within the selected release based on resource availability (I assume that's what it's doing), and instead only show what I specifically "tagged" as being in that release via the Fix Version?

I'm finding it frustrating that Portfolio doesn't seem to feed directly off of the data in the specific epics/stories/etc. And instead you have to go thru and select all the the specific scope items and such. Seems like a lot of duplication of work/effort and a huge risk of potentially missing things if you don't add them in Portfolio after adding them in the project(s). But maybe I'm missing something in this regard.

Thanks in advance for answers!

0 answers

Suggest an answer